Register Your Meetup
We encourage you to use the following discussion themes and resources during your meetups. Be sure to print off the PDF and have copies on hand:
Tips on How To Host a Good Meetup
– Provide us with your event details with plenty of notice so we can help promote it
– We encourage you to host the event on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. By holding the events on the same night helps build excitement and publicity. If it falls on a holiday (like Valentine’s day) it is okay to do it on another Tuesday.
– Encourage discussion around monthly theme
– Invite people from your community that may have expertise in the theme
– Print off reference materials
– Send email reminders through Eventbrite
– Have name tags and an ice breaker question
– Try to have a quiet or secluded area at your venue
– Bring business cards
– Let people know when the next one is
Notes & Reminders
– Local meetup must be branded Meet, Plan, Go! If you wish to co-brand with another organization or company you must get our permission first.
– We will create the Eventbrite invite but you will have access to it if you wish to send reminders or notes to attendees.
– You must register your meetup details with us and promote registration through the Eventbrite page.
– If you plan to promote the event through other avenues (ie, Facebook, meetup.com) you need to encourage registration through the Eventbrite link (this is to ensure an accurate attendee count).
– Reminder of other responsibilities