Why Your Company Should Be Involved
In October 2012 around the country, we’ll bring together people who want to travel, with travel experts to discuss their desires, trepidations, tips, and enthusiasm for extended travel and career breaks. Each discussion will be designed to help participants get inspired to follow their travel dreams as well as connecting them with useful resources and contacts that will make planning that trip of a lifetime that much easier.
If you offer a travel service or resource, then this is the perfect opportunity to get it in front of people looking to plan extended travel! This is also a great opportunity for travel experts to promote your product or services.
Reach a ‘ready-to-travel’ mature audience
Held travel events in 17 North American cities in 2011 with 1,255 people in attendance:
• 68% Female | 32% Male
• Average Age: 37 years old
• Audiences Style of Travel: Solo 57% | Couple 27% | Family 4% | Group 4% | Other 8%
• Before Event: 40% were planning trips | After Event: 54% were planning trips
• Ranking of desired work benefits by audience: Sabbatical, Raise, Retirement Plan, Promotion, Health Programs, Stock Plans, Stock Options
• Travel Experience: 48% had done no extended travel | 32% had done some extended travel | 20% already did extended travel
MeetPlanGo.com Launched March 2008 (stats as of 12/2011):
• Google Page Rank of 5; Alexa Rank approximately 85,695 worldwide (46,888 USA)
• 24,267 unique visitors (76,170 page views) in October 2011 via Google Analytics
• 3,002 Twitter followers (@MeetPlanGo), Klout ranking 45
• 4,445 fans on Facebook (combines both Briefcase to Backpack and Meet, Plan, Go! Facebook pages)
• 2,869 Newsletter subscribers with a 30% open rate (higher than average)
• Primarily female ages 25-44
• 72% of overall traffic is from US (6% Canada, 3% UK, 2% Australia)
• Our audience is generally professionals with University degrees
Social Media Influence:
• Prior to annual event, hashtag #MeetPlanGo generated 651,808 impressions reaching an audience of 567,356 followers in 95 tweets within 24 hours.
We enlist the help of well-known travel bloggers and experienced career breakers throughout the country to facilitate these events in their home cities. These hosts are well connected in the travel community online and offline. They have already traveled the world (or are in the planning stages) and can share just how easy it is to do with others.
They provide inspiration to our audience, as well as their advice on how to realize the dream of extended travel.
New York Times Travel Section – Making the Dream Trip a Reality (print)
Meet, Plan, Go! Named one of the Best Travel Website Ever by Guardian.co.uk
CNN.com covers Career Break Travel Myths
USA Today – Learn how to Escape the Cubicle & Hit the Road (print)
FoxNews.com – Ditch Your Day Job to Travel the World
Washington Post Lifestyle Section – Take a Year Off or Two (print)
American Bar Association Journal – Time Out: Sabbaticals Help Lawyers Reassess, Redirect Careers